The driving force behind my work is to help people achieve more “aHa!” moments. I love inspiring people to create those synaptic connections in their mind that move them towards action and result in an improvement in their life.
Working in the corporate environment, it’s always bothered me to see people disengaged and unmotivated, to see dysfunctional teams, and to see stagnant workplaces. The majority of people are not working to their full potential.
From a young age, I’ve been drawn to help others learn and grow. In high school I mentored elementary school students. As an undergraduate student I served in student government and as a peer-advisor to international students. Following graduation, I worked as a financial advisor teaching people to develop healthy relationships with money. Working at Apple for 8 years in sales incentive compensation and global program management of corporate sustainability, I focused on designing and delivering ways to help our employees learn and take action in specific areas.
I love finding creative and memorable ways to help people learn like using scavenger hunts in capacity-building exercises and bringing unusual props to meetings. One time I hid $10 bills in the coffee mugs of a business meeting at Apple, which led to the approval of a water savings project that saved more than $120k and improved the company’s environmental sustainability efforts.
In the last few years, top organizations like Apple and City Year AmeriCorps have hired me to help them design and deliver their learning and development programs. My approach is built around appreciative inquiry. Instead of jumping to finding and fixing the problem, we start by focusing on what is going well and building on those strengths.
Here’s a few more résumé related points:
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration (California Polytechnic State University)
- Master’s Certification in Project Management (University of California)
- MPM® designation accredited by American Academy of Project Management
- Crucial Conversations® Certified Trainer
- Member of Association for Talent Development
- Member of Engagement Alliance (Employee Engagement Consortium)
- Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Able to eat 40 Mcdonalds Chicken McNuggets in under 3 minutes